Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Banana Royale (Pac Man Battle Royale Redesign Contest)  (Read 43509 times)

Sjaak

• (+1)
  • Offline Offline
Re: Banana Royale (Pac Man Battle Royale Redesign Contest)
« Reply #240 on: November 03, 2014, 04:22:30 pm »
hi

the game crash when the countdown is finish

can you get a intro music before each level please  ;D

No crash, the debug version is only playable for a couple of minutes...

I'm working on adding more sounds and music, but this project doesn't have a high priority at the moment...

Pinball Wizard

• (+5)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #241 on: November 04, 2014, 09:02:56 pm »
Sjaak, if there is anything I can help with let me know. My time is finally getting more free, and I'd love to offer any help I can.
Where's my gold star :P

Benoit33

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #242 on: November 06, 2014, 06:36:48 am »
ok thanks, good continuation i'm waiting  ;)

Pinball Wizard

• (+5)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #243 on: November 12, 2014, 02:08:35 pm »
Small feature request, can we get an upright mode where all the text is rotated the same direction?
Where's my gold star :P

Benoit33

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #244 on: December 02, 2014, 12:54:12 pm »
hi!

hclix81

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #245 on: February 16, 2015, 06:19:47 am »
First I want to say how awesome this recreation is.  Amazing job.  I'm currently working on an alien theme for the game but I'd like to have the look of the more modern version of the maze with the neon glow that is in the first post.  Is there a way to switch graphic types?  I've already changed the maze to purple lines but when I add glow in photoshop it creates some issues.  I'm also not seeing the pellets and power pellets in the sprite files are these not changeable currently?

Sjaak

• (+1)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #246 on: February 16, 2015, 06:43:22 am »
First I want to say how awesome this recreation is.  Amazing job.  I'm currently working on an alien theme for the game but I'd like to have the look of the more modern version of the maze with the neon glow that is in the first post.  Is there a way to switch graphic types?  I've already changed the maze to purple lines but when I add glow in photoshop it creates some issues.  I'm also not seeing the pellets and power pellets in the sprite files are these not changeable currently?

The HD version with the glow is the original Pac Man Battle Royale and is not customizable. The glow in the original is a shader effect and is not baked into the graphics.

The low-res 8 bit version is customizable, because it has smaller (and way less) graphics. But that also means a more retro look with less glowy. wavy effects. Any chance you can post a preview of your theme?

damageinc86

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #247 on: May 21, 2016, 01:04:06 pm »
I concur with the praises.  This looks amazing.  It's great when people from the gaming community do better versions of a game than the actual developers.  It's sad that it's a necessity, but great that there are people out there who can do this stuff.  If there could be a pac-family version like you showed an example of in another thread, it would be the best.

-- Made my own sprite version of the pac-family.  This is so much fun to play!  It would be cool to have a place where user made levels could be downloaded.  The customization makes this leaps and bounds better than the official release.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 02:37:34 pm by damageinc86 »

Titchgamer

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #248 on: August 04, 2016, 06:44:28 pm »
Got this going tonight, Thanks :)

Just a quick one though I want to change the start buttons for p1 & 2 to Numbers 1 & 2 (To match the controls in my cab)
I found the keys in the game.ini but if I change them to 1 & 2 they dont work, do I need to put anything before/after the number?
Also is there a way to disable the FPS counter?

Cheers.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 07:08:02 pm by Titchgamer »

Sjaak

• (+1)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #249 on: August 05, 2016, 02:56:24 am »
Got this going tonight, Thanks :)

Just a quick one though I want to change the start buttons for p1 & 2 to Numbers 1 & 2 (To match the controls in my cab)
I found the keys in the game.ini but if I change them to 1 & 2 they dont work, do I need to put anything before/after the number?
Also is there a way to disable the FPS counter?

Cheers.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.keys(v=vs.110).aspx

No way to disable the fps counter

Titchgamer

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #250 on: August 05, 2016, 04:42:38 am »
Thanks Sjaak!

Shame about the counter but great work, Been having loads of fun with this :)

Would also be nice to be able to change  it from free play to coin op just as another request if you do another update :)

Sjaak

• (+1)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #251 on: August 05, 2016, 04:55:24 am »
Thanks Sjaak!

Shame about the counter but great work, Been having loads of fun with this :)

Would also be nice to be able to change  it from free play to coin op just as another request if you do another update :)

You're welcome.

FPS counter will configurable in a future version. But the game will always be free play.

Titchgamer

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #252 on: August 05, 2016, 04:57:00 am »
Shame, I like to keep coin op games on my cab for the authenticity but I can make an exception in this case :p

Titchgamer

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #253 on: August 06, 2016, 06:34:17 am »
I just had a good idea for a skin for this, Sadly though I suck major ass at Pixel art though so Maybe someone else could do the arty work.

But considering the name of "Banana Royale" Maybe you should have Minions from depsicable me?

You could have 4 different minions for the player, 4 of the evil purple minions for the ghosts, bananas for the dots and bunches of bananas for the power pellets or something!

Could prob have lots of fun with the sound effects to!

damageinc86

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #254 on: August 22, 2016, 02:37:19 pm »
That is a cool idea!  I'm sure someone decent with pixel art and animating it could whip that up quick.  Just have to find that person!  Doing the pac-family wasn't too hard because the template was there and I just made a few tweaks.  The customization is really fun with this game.  Still working on some mazes, has anyone els done any?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31