Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MakVision 3129DB1 Tri Sync Dead in Golden Tee Cab  (Read 673 times)

DudeRegular

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I have no idea what I am doing
MakVision 3129DB1 Tri Sync Dead in Golden Tee Cab
« on: December 28, 2014, 09:45:50 pm »
I purchased a Golden Tee cab at auction on the cheap. Got it home, opened it up and saw cords were simply unplugged. Maybe I got lucky and it just wasnt all hooked up correctly right? Nope. I hooked everything up and powered it on to find some serious arc jumping out of the flyback. After powering it down, I saw a 1/4 inch hole in the top of the flyback. The cabinet has stickers showing it originally had a D9200 in it. It looks like somewhere along the way the cab was upgraded to a newer GT along with the newer monitor.

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of info on the web for this Makvision by Wei-Ya C3129DB1 monitor. At this point I don't know if any of the guts of this cab are any good, game, tube, monitor chassis, etc. I know I have a bad flyback, but not much beyond that. Anyone have any insight into a potential repair of this setup? I don't even see much in the way of parts at the typical cade parts sites or ebay. I am open to repairing this the monitor. I was hoping someone had some experience with it to say some other likely problems that arise along with the flyback. I also don't see a cap kit anywhere.

I do like the size of the monitor. I would like to play the golden tee if I can get it running, but otherwise this cabinet is a possible MAME candidate.

thanks

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • (+1)
  • Offline Offline
Re: MakVision 3129DB1 Tri Sync Dead in Golden Tee Cab
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 03:13:05 am »
it is only likely that the flyback will be the issue,you will need to find the exact part number of the flyback-it should be printed on a label on the body of the flyback itself
i think it is a HI-3129C and i think yours might be a dual focus type

csnow

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 09:36:25 am »
I have a 27" for sale in the f/s section.  It is a Golden Tee model.

DudeRegular

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 02:30:45 pm »
Thanks grantspain. I will look into getting a flyback.

csnow, appreciate the offer, but I will pass.

grantspain

• (+1)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 05:59:31 pm »
Thanks grantspain. I will look into getting a flyback.

csnow, appreciate the offer, but I will pass.
I think happ controls stocked these at one time,may be worth contacting them.
Do not buy any from any chinese websites,they will either send something that is dangerous or something that is completely wrong.
Chad at arcadecup might be able to help

DudeRegular

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 12:14:42 pm »
I pulled the flyback today to get the part number.

It is a HI-3129E with dual focus. I have an email into Suzo Happ to see if they may stock it. They don't specifically list it on their site, but there are some expensive ones that have generic descriptions. Chad at arcadecup doesnt list it, but I will shoot him an email too. I do see one site that lists it as in stock:

http://www.technotronic-dimensions.com/Products2b1.html

I have never dealt with them before so not too sure on the site right now.

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

grantspain

• (+1)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 07:03:13 pm »
$70 may sound alot but it really is not for a flyback for that chassis,that website looks to be legit to me-far too much correct info to be a dodgy site that's for sure

DudeRegular

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 09:17:21 pm »
I received an answer from Happ. They are currently out of stock until early February. The part is http://na.suzohapp.com/all_catalogs/accessories/49-4951-00 part number 49-4951-00

I sent emails to Alva amusements, Arcadecup and technotronic-dimensions.com to check availability. Just posting the details here in case anybody in the future is looking for the info too.

I am open to any other ideas on vendors (preferably in the states).

Also the other number on the flyback is MTI-LTC-031.

DudeRegular

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 02:39:42 pm »
Wanted to update the thread with the outcome. I ended up ordering the Flyback from Steve at http://www.technotronic-dimensions.com/Products2b1.html. He answered my question on Friday night via email. I ordered on Saturday and the part arrived on Wednesday. I installed the flyback and the monitor is back to life.

I had to make a small modification to a piece of plastic that is used to mount a screw near a heat shield for stability. The flyback wouldn't fit down in the heat shield cage on my chassis, so I had to cut that part off. I also had to do an "L" bend in one of the long pins to get it to line up with the holes in my board. Other than that, no issues and it works fine now.

Unfortunately my game doesn't actually work, but that's another issue. Thanks for the help.

PowerKC

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 11:54:49 am »
Just FYI this post helped me with the exact same flyback issue on the Wei-Ya 3129.....however mine also blew up R164 and C91 right next to the flyback.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31