Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda.  (Read 20661 times)

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
Re: The Legend of Zelda.
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2015, 12:11:11 pm »
Great idea, I like the CP artwork idea.  Additionally perhaps you can incorporate the Triforce into the joystick directional arrows.  I mocked up something very crude below (sorry I only have Paint on this computer, my photoshop is at home).

Thoughts?

DeLuSioNaL29
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2015, 12:20:38 pm »
Oh damn, I didnt know the legendary 34K was on were on here! haha  :o  Awesome!  :cheers:

I'm not a big poster here, but yup! Besides, you're the legend.

It's a shame the PC-10 and Vs. control panels are so bland. Those control layouts are pretty ideal for this project. Maybe those could be Zelda-fied in a nice understated way.

Are you thinking about using OG Nintendo 8-way sticks on this? I have a couple rebuilt 8-way Vs. sticks I'm sure we could make a deal on if you want to go that route.

Wyo

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2015, 10:37:20 pm »
Well, like I said....you guys got me thinking a lot about the artwork.  Heres what my vision has been for this Arcade game...I want it to fit in with my other Nintendo cabinets.....kinda like, if Nintendo was hypothetically going to make a Legend of Zelda....what would it look like?  In that era.  Of course, its all very subjective and Im kinda just letting my imagination go wild....but thats part of the fun.

That is why conceptually, I chose to go the standard side art package route.  However, you guys all got me thinking.  I think it should be a little bit fancier...a little more modern.....like Chances A concept.....which is totally badass!   But Id still like to keep it classic looking.  Sooooooo, I think I have an idea of the direction I want to experiment with.

I think Im still going to go the classic side art package route....but, Im going to use some of the modern logos and mix in some gold chrome embossing in some way....subtly, as not to overpower the artwork.  I envision black background with hyrule filigree and a few logos and characters from the first two Zelda NES games artwork here and there....I would really like to use the image from the side art that I originally designed.   The bezel and control panel will also have traces of embossed chrome.  Going for a classy look...nothing overpowering.  Hopefully, I can pull it off.  Well see.  :dizzy:

As far as the embossing goes....back in college I developed a technique to make custom GI JOE packaging....and I think Im going to use this technique here as well.  Its a lot of work....but I think it might look good.  Here some examples of the technique I developed.  Yes, Im that guy....toys are one of my interests as well.  Haha   ;D

« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 11:34:19 pm by Wyo »

Wyo

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2015, 10:42:58 pm »
Oh damn, I didnt know the legendary 34K was on were on here! haha  :o  Awesome!  :cheers:

I'm not a big poster here, but yup! Besides, you're the legend.

It's a shame the PC-10 and Vs. control panels are so bland. Those control layouts are pretty ideal for this project. Maybe those could be Zelda-fied in a nice understated way.

Are you thinking about using OG Nintendo 8-way sticks on this? I have a couple rebuilt 8-way Vs. sticks I'm sure we could make a deal on if you want to go that route.

Honestly, I wish I could have put Playchoice 10 guts in this build....I think that would have been so badass!  Maybe in the future when my wallet stops hurting Ill switch it over from Mame.  :)  Ill check that artwork out.

I ended up getting a twisted quarter yellow ball top 8 way for this build that I was/am planning to use on this build.  However, if you remember I ended up swapping it out from my Pauline cab for a Groovy Game Gear omni....which the best decision ever.  Ill more than likely do that as well in the future.....but if I decide to go with a black joystick for this build...Ill definitely hit you up for that original 8 way.   Thanks!  Ill have to check it out next time I come by.

Nephasth

• (0)
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2015, 11:35:12 am »
I think it needs some black (or white depending on sideart) t-molding. Just too much gold, needs to be broken up a bit.

Nephasth

• (0)
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2015, 11:37:56 am »
As far as the embossing goes....back in college I developed a technique to make custom GI JOE packaging....and I think Im going to use this technique here as well.  Its a lot of work....but I think it might look good.  Here some examples of the technique I developed.  Yes, Im that guy....toys are one of my interests as well.  Haha   ;D

Why not just cut out a negative space in the side art to reveal the gold vinyl underneath?

Wyo

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2015, 03:07:24 pm »

Why not just cut out a negative space in the side art to reveal the gold vinyl underneath?

Yeah, that was the plan with the artwork....to show the gold underneath.  And I think Im gonna stick with the gold t molding for now....white wouldnt be a good idea....the art will be predominately black so that will definitely break things up.   
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 11:47:48 pm by Wyo »

Wyo

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2015, 12:09:29 am »
This is the best looking netted cad I'v seen.I like the first and last of ChanceJ'e art work.

What are you thinking for the CP? It may be cool to take some inspiration from the item menu. Was thinking a simple black back ground with simple blue boxes around the buttons and the three try forces around the joystick. If you go with two buttons and do add the NES games to this build you could even add the A B labels.

I like the idea of incorporating an instruction card on the control panel like on all the Nintendo arcade games like DK and the like.  Possibly using some of the items from Zelda on there....like the rupees or weapons.   Also was thinking about instead of an instruction sticker across the black control panel
cross member, possibly putting the map of hyrule on there for players reference?
Also, I think you have a good idea with the A B labels...I will do that.  Especially since you guys have convinced to to make this a strictly NES build with only two action buttons. 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 12:12:01 am by Wyo »

Wyo

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2015, 05:19:34 pm »
I guess I can use this thread to vent as well as post updates.  :hissy:

Like I said previously, the company that I ordered the vinyl from on ebay sent me vinyl last week that was damaged in transit.  I messaged them on ebay letting them know that the  vinyl was damaged and that I needed more to finish this project.....and all I got was crickets....silence.  So I was like, whatever....its just $50 bucks...I need more to finish the job and Im not going to wait around so I ordered more from them...this time way more yardage so I can have extra just in case.  Of course, it was shipped out the next day.  Haha.  ::)

So yesterday I get notice from Fed Ex that my new roll of vinyl was delivered yesterday afternoon....which was perfect for weekend work.  I get home an hour after the delivery time and theres nothing on my porch.  I thought, maybe it was a case of a computer mistake and it would be delivered later, so I tried to be patient.  However, I noticed it was showing as signed for by a name I didnt recognize.  I called Fed Ex this morning and they told me it was delivered to the wrong address and that they would get back to me in a couple hours to get the ball rolling on the recovery.

I know how these things work.  I knew I wouldnt hear from Fed Ex today.  I was just grateful the person I was speaking to spoke English. Ha.  Anyway, I waited 3 hours and then called back.  This time, the rep didnt speak good english but he told me that nobody was working today and that nobody would be available to figure out what happened until Monday.   He said the tracer would need to contact the distribution center, the distribution center would need to contact the driver, the driver would need to contact the wrong address and arrange pick up....and then they would all need to be in contact with each other.  I could feel a headache coming on.  :banghead:

So I asked the rep if he was allowed to tell me the address the vinyl was delivered to....and fortunately he was able to.  It was at a Lazer Tag Arena four miles away.  The address wasnt even close to the same. WTF?  So taking matters into my own hands, I immediately hopped in my car and drove over there.  I went up to the front desk and told the teenage kid I was there for a long skinny package that was delivered there by mistake by Fed Ex.  He went in the back and got it for me. He said, "I wondered what this was?"   Of course it was opened. 

Nice job Fed Ex.  The first roll arrived. The last one was damaged.  This third and FINAL one to the wrong address.  2 out of 3 aint bad. Ha

Wyo

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2015, 11:33:41 pm »
Just an update.  No update.  Reason being....the ---smurfy--- Colorado weather.   :badmood:  Its been raining on and off the last entire two weekends in a row so Ive been unable to work outside.  Its supposed to be overcast and raining throughout the next week....through next weekend as well.  Total bummer.....may have a bit of seasonal depression here, not gonna lie.  I cant wait for the sun to come out someday.....Im gonna feel like a prisoner in solitary confinement when hes finally let out and into the light....the sunlight is gonna hurt so good!  ;D

Anyways. Ive had some time to think.  Im not sure I want to put a computer in this arcade cabinet.  Do I have ANY other options other than putting an NES or Playchoice 10 pcb with a NES adapter in here?  Any ideas, anybody?

Itd be so rad to get a jamma set up somehow.  It looks like there have been open source jamma pcbs in the works in the past but they never came to fruition? 

I saw this....which is the paradise arcade multi pcb arcadeshop ripoff board (I hate to support that, but Im curious)....it says it can load any rom....does that mean NES too?  Any idea?

http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/classic-vertical/34-programmable-jamma-pcb.html

yotsuya

• (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2015, 12:12:16 am »
Just an update.  No update.  Reason being....the ---smurfy--- Colorado weather.   :badmood:  Its been raining on and off the last entire two weekends in a row so Ive been unable to work outside.  Its supposed to be overcast and raining throughout the next week....through next weekend as well.  Total bummer.....may have a bit of seasonal depression here, not gonna lie.  I cant wait for the sun to come out someday.....Im gonna feel like a prisoner in solitary confinement when hes finally let out and into the light....the sunlight is gonna hurt so good!  ;D

Anyways. Ive had some time to think.  Im not sure I want to put a computer in this arcade cabinet.  Do I have ANY other options other than putting an NES or Playchoice 10 pcb with a NES adapter in here?  Any ideas, anybody?

Itd be so rad to get a jamma set up somehow.  It looks like there have been open source jamma pcbs in the works in the past but they never came to fruition? 

I saw this....which is the paradise arcade multi pcb arcadeshop ripoff board (I hate to support that, but Im curious)....it says it can load any rom....does that mean NES too?  Any idea?

http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/classic-vertical/34-programmable-jamma-pcb.html

I'm 100% sure it's Arcade only. Plus, there was a game list, so it's not like you can just put ANY rom on it. In fact, it only supports 40 vertical games and 20 horizontal ones.

Wyo

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2015, 12:35:35 am »
Bummer.  I kinda figured, I was just hoping for a miracle. Haha.

Just got done watching this video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aDyO7asVfI

Man, this would be bad ass to have in this cabinet. Ironically, he pulls up The Legend of Zelda in the video too. Haha.  But Im looking at some serious $$$ if I wanted to pull it off.  Id basically have to pay...

150-200 for a Playchoice 10 PCB
100 for a Playchoice to NES adapter
135 for a Power Pak if I want multiple NES carts (I have an Everdrive N8 but Im reading it doesnt work with the adapter)
? for a Sanyo monitor
? for all the misc wiring, power supplies, etc. 

So yeah, it would be a lot of money.  Or I could just use a PC and all the stuff I already have.  Dammit.  It would be a sweet set up.

ChanceKJ

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Calgary, Ab, Canada.
    • The Canadian Arcade!
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2015, 12:47:44 am »
I say do it. Cool factor > money.

yotsuya

• (+21)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2015, 12:59:49 am »
Griff-riching =/= cool factor

yotsuya

• (+21)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2015, 01:03:21 am »
But seriously, a MINIMUM of $385 just to play a console game on a cab? You can find a better use for your money.

Wyo

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2015, 01:12:28 am »
It would be really cool.....the more I look into it....the more I want to do it.  I think my goal of getting this done in 4 weeks is pretty much shot because of the weather, so I have plenty of time to figure things out I guess.

However, I think yotsuya is right.  Im looking at about $500-700 just to put a PC-10 in there.  Which again, would be so bad ass.....I love the NES.  But that would make this a $2000 build....which would hurt....but maybe not so much spread out over a year or so.

Maybe Ill stick the computer in there for now...and over the next year or so collect the parts and convert it to PC-10.   I think Im gonna get the NES adapter now....since those are limited runs and could be harder to source than then rest of the parts.

Thanks guys for the advice!   

ChanceKJ

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Calgary, Ab, Canada.
    • The Canadian Arcade!
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2015, 01:12:50 am »
 >:D do it....  Doooooo it.

yotsuya

• (+21)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2015, 01:16:56 am »
It's your money, my friend. I wouldn't do it, because quite frankly I don't think the replay value with Zelda is going to be there, and even at that, you're going to find a number of the NES games don't translate well to arcade controls. It's a fun novelty, yeah, but not at $500 to $700. But that's me. I'm gonna bow out of this one because you should make that decision, but let me finish with the fact that it's easy to spend other people's money.  :cheers:

Wyo

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2015, 01:19:53 am »
>:D do it....  Doooooo it.

Hahaha, youre killing me here.   ;D   Well see....once the cab is finished in a couple weeks Im gonna get serious about the artwork and electronics. 

It would be a sick set up for sure.

Wyo

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2015, 01:25:20 am »
It's your money, my friend. I wouldn't do it, because quite frankly I don't think the replay value with Zelda is going to be there, and even at that, you're going to find a number of the NES games don't translate well to arcade controls. It's a fun novelty, yeah, but not at $500 to $700. But that's me. I'm gonna bow out of this one because you should make that decision, but let me finish with the fact that it's easy to spend other people's money.  :cheers:

Solid advice for sure, and I totally appreciate it.  I definitely feel like I have an Angel sitting on one shoulder and a Devil on the other right now. Hahaha

At the end of the day, if I went with PC 10, Id basically have a Legend of Zelda themed PC-10.   That would be the only appeal of going that route for me.   

yotsuya

• (+21)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2015, 01:33:13 am »
At the end of the day, if I went with PC 10, Id basically have a Legend of Zelda themed PC-10.   That would be the only appeal of going that route for me.

True, but it sounds like you want to put a multicart into the PC-10.... so at that point, why spend the money on a PC-10?

Maybe this line of thinking is triggered by your comments in the FIFJr thread that I read on KLOV.  :cheers:

Just food for thought. I'm sure whatever you do will be quality.

Wyo

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #101 on: May 05, 2015, 02:16:14 am »

True, but it sounds like you want to put a multicart into the PC-10.... so at that point, why spend the money on a PC-10?

Maybe this line of thinking is triggered by your comments in the FIFJr thread that I read on KLOV.  :cheers:

Just food for thought. I'm sure whatever you do will be quality.

Yeah, I think the main thing is that I dont want to spend anymore money than I have to....but at the same time I want to have the playability of many NES titles.  I dont want another FIFJ situation where I have a ton of money dumped into a cabinet that can only play one game.  I have all the arcade games I want to play on the DK:Pauline build with the Arcade SD.....so Im good there. 

This build is gonna be geared specifically for the NES.  That is why I was thinking PC-10....plus the ease of the plug and play system.  However, the cost may thwart that idea for now.

I originally planned an NES with the everdrive N8 in it....but I scrapped that idea for a few reasons.  One, the difficulty of sourcing a 4:3 LCD TV that would work with it, the lack of scanlines with a LCD TV, and the inabilty to coin up like at the arcade.

So I guess when it comes down it to, my choices are PC or PC 10.  Leaning towards the former just because of the cost effectiveness.  I may switch it out in the future....who knows. But you know how it is....many more projects planned so more than likely Ill be content once its all good to go.  Well see I guess.

ChanceKJ

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Calgary, Ab, Canada.
    • The Canadian Arcade!
« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2015, 04:27:13 am »
 :dunno  meh, i tried. :)

edekoning

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2015, 04:32:33 am »
...and even at that, you're going to find a number of the NES games don't translate well to arcade controls...
I dunno about that. The NES controller only had a d-pad, 4 buttons, and NO shoulder buttons. So controls wise it translates to arcade controls pretty much perfectly. And I am having a blast playing through the mega mans, marios, and zeldas with them :)

Superfrog

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2015, 04:58:49 am »
Why don't you go the cheap old  Xbox with CoinOps or Vision on it?
You can even add your own games to it and you can use a big crt tv so that will fit the whole picture perfectly  :cheers:

I did use it for my Popeye crt bartop and my Xbox arcade stick.
Tons of games and easy to use.

Good Luck  :dizzy:

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • The Soap Water of Moldavia
« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2015, 10:56:27 am »
There is always next cab...  8)

yotsuya

• (+21)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2015, 11:07:08 am »
...and even at that, you're going to find a number of the NES games don't translate well to arcade controls...
I dunno about that. The NES controller only had a d-pad, 4 buttons, and NO shoulder buttons. So controls wise it translates to arcade controls pretty much perfectly. And I am having a blast playing through the mega mans, marios, and zeldas with them :)

Good thing I said "a number" and not "all", right?  :P

Try playing some of the sports games with arcade controls. The platformers you mentioned work nicely, but I found that the sports games didn't. Or maybe I'm just used to playing them with the D-Pad.  :cheers:

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • The Soap Water of Moldavia
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2015, 11:18:54 am »
There is a reason why my NES advantage was always collecting dust when I was a kid.

Locke141

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Never grow up.
« Reply #108 on: May 05, 2015, 11:53:21 am »
I think you get an original NES and do the RGB mod, disable lock out mod, replace the card slot and find an old RGB component CRT TV for less. You already have the Ever cart.

http://retrorgb.com/

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Cartridge-Slot-Replacement-Entertainment-System/dp/B004FO6PZG

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Disable+Nintendo+Entertainment+System+Lockout+Chip/15677

A quick look ebay for a buy it now NES shows one for $78 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Entertainment-System-Console-NES-Control-Deck-WORKS-Power-RF-Adapter-/171777075214?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27feb6280e
I have Dyslexia. Sorry for sometimes using bad grammar and or spelling. 
Beat'em up-X
Vigolix Hybrid
Chrono stick
VS stick
Out of Africa

pbj

• (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #109 on: May 05, 2015, 12:10:59 pm »
Just get a Famicom on a chip.  Nobody is going to walk up to your cabinet and demand Castlevania 3.

UCA 2016 Board Chairman.  #considerapedestal2016

Locke141

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Never grow up.
« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2015, 12:28:16 pm »
Just get a Famicom on a chip.  Nobody is going to walk up to your cabinet and demand Castlevania 3.

If he is goes the way of emulation any way he can probably pick up an old PC with enough power of free. That would keep the options open to all the great games from the nes rom hacking scene.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 01:36:56 pm by Locke141 »
Beat'em up-X
Vigolix Hybrid
Chrono stick
VS stick
Out of Africa

Wyo

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2015, 03:00:56 am »
Well, great suggestions everybody!  Lets just say, my talent has never been on the technological side of the arcade building hobby....especially the PC side.  I can wire a jamma harness all day long...I think that is why I was trying to find an easy way out.

Anyway, I spent some time over at 34K's arcade tonight and I think he talked me down off the PC10 ledge for now.  So it looks like its back to its original plan with the PC and "EM YOU LA TION"! haha

So whenever the weather decides to not suck, (supposed to snow this weekend.  WTF, man? REally?) Ill get back on this thing.  Thanks again.

Wyo

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2015, 03:02:21 am »
Why don't you go the cheap old  Xbox with CoinOps or Vision on it?
You can even add your own games to it and you can use a big crt tv so that will fit the whole picture perfectly  :cheers:

I did use it for my Popeye crt bartop and my Xbox arcade stick.
Tons of games and easy to use.

Good Luck  :dizzy:

I watched your Popeye build before I registered here.....so awesome.  Ill check it out, thanks for the suggestion! 

edekoning

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #113 on: May 06, 2015, 10:31:49 am »
Try playing some of the sports games with arcade controls.
I never play(ed) sports games  :P

There is a reason why my NES advantage was always collecting dust when I was a kid.
You broke it? ;D

just say, my talent has never been on the technological side of the arcade building hobby....especially the PC side.
The software side can be confusing mostly due to a lack of proper documentation and a crappy user interface. Just recently I had to browse the RetroArch source code, just to find out how to manually change a keyboard mapping in some config file, as the GUI only supported changing gamepad mappings. --> crappy UI + crappy docs. But I'm sure we can help you out with that once the time comes ;)

yotsuya

• (+21)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2015, 10:35:57 am »
So whenever the weather decides to not suck, (supposed to snow this weekend.  WTF, man? REally?) Ill get back on this thing.  Thanks again.

Snow? It hit 100 here last week!

yotsuya

• (+21)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #115 on: May 06, 2015, 10:37:18 am »
Well, great suggestions everybody!  Lets just say, my talent has never been on the technological side of the arcade building hobby....especially the PC side.  I can wire a jamma harness all day long...I think that is why I was trying to find an easy way out.

Anyway, I spent some time over at 34K's arcade tonight and I think he talked me down off the PC10 ledge for now.  So it looks like its back to its original plan with the PC and "EM YOU LA TION"! haha

If you need help with the setup, my summer project is going to be making a Vs. out of near dead Nintendo cab I have, so I have a working Vs. setup already.

reptileink

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #116 on: May 06, 2015, 12:10:52 pm »
Been silently watching this build, and I must say I am impressed! Zelda is my all time favorite game on any platforms.

~Building Arcade Cabinets are like raising children, you always mess up your first~

ChanceKJ

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Calgary, Ab, Canada.
    • The Canadian Arcade!
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2015, 12:47:26 pm »
Wyo, why not a Pi?

yotsuya

• (+21)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #118 on: May 06, 2015, 12:57:40 pm »
Personally, I'd do a Pi if this were a bartop or something where space is at a premium. You can do so much more with a PC when you have the room. I have a Pi image that works great that I'm going to use in a barstick, but everything full-size gets a computer, where I can run nicer FEs, other software, and not have to compromise with older romsets.

Locke141

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Never grow up.
« Reply #119 on: May 06, 2015, 04:29:42 pm »
Just to be clear, is your current plan to have this build be a dedicated NES cab? If thats the goal and you don't care about other games/systems a $35 R-pi, a $15 NES on a chip system (+ your not cheep ever drive), a $20'ish Original Xbox running coinOPS, or even an old P4 PC that could probably be found for free would have enough power to run a what you need. There are trade offs between these options, but an old PC with a CRT monitor is probably the way to go, if all you want is NES games with out going all out a modded original NES.

http://www.element14.com/community/community/raspberry-pi/raspberrypi2?ICID=rpimain-feature-products

http://www.amazon.com/NES-Retro-Entertainment-System-Black-Nintendo/dp/B002RYLG4Q/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1430943496&sr=1-3&keywords=NES

Ebay for old Original Xbox

Craigslist or a post on face book may good way to find a free old PC that some one would love to have out of there house.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 04:39:17 pm by Locke141 »
Beat'em up-X
Vigolix Hybrid
Chrono stick
VS stick
Out of Africa

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31