Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mame rehab - old Zaxxon Cab  (Read 2600 times)

harveybirdman

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • SHMUP'EM
Re: Mame rehab - old Zaxxon Cab
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2016, 09:44:35 am »
Just remember the best part of cabinet building is the journey.  (he says with a tinge of guilt since he's not updated his thread in 5 months)

acvieluf

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,147793.0.html
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2016, 09:45:44 am »
Just remember the best part of cabinet building is the journey.  (he says with a tinge of guilt since he's not updated his thread in 5 months)
Haha! Thanks. It certainly makes for lots of stories to make people's eyes glaze over when they're ready to play.  :lol

Sent from my Atari 2600

"...you need to realize is that most people are stupid and don't know anything about anything.  If you see a random stranger out in the crowd I'd say there's a 90% chance he's a moron at worst and a solid C- student at best.  Anyway, my point is... we have specialized knowledge and experience in this field.  Most people don't, because they are lame and don't like cool things." - Howard_Casto

acvieluf

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2016, 05:18:31 pm »
Oh my, it fits PERFECTLY! I actually measured something correctly! It's a Christmas miracle!  :lol

Sent from my Atari 2600
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 07:24:32 am by acvieluf »
"...you need to realize is that most people are stupid and don't know anything about anything.  If you see a random stranger out in the crowd I'd say there's a 90% chance he's a moron at worst and a solid C- student at best.  Anyway, my point is... we have specialized knowledge and experience in this field.  Most people don't, because they are lame and don't like cool things." - Howard_Casto

ppv

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • The cheap@ss gamer
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2016, 07:54:37 am »
Nice write up!  Looking good!
Doing arcades, the cheap@ss way!
First Project : ttp://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,151071.0.html
Next one : The Token Muncher [urlhttp://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,135417.0.html[/url]

acvieluf

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2016, 07:39:42 pm »
Got this bad boy installed. This is a smaller task, but is an item of finish that I would've never thought of, had I not read it here first. 

I obviously need to polish up the wood around it. That will come before side art, as I'll make one final pass of imperfections and such.

Sent from my Atari 2600
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 08:10:16 pm by acvieluf »

acvieluf

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2016, 07:43:52 pm »
And FINALLY got the marquee installed! I ordered from some UK guys on eBay, as it was $20, instead of $50 +tax locally.

I'm pleased with it for the price. Although upon installation, I put some small air bubbles in it. Argh. Thankfully it's not at all noticeable when on.

Sent from my Atari 2600

acvieluf

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2016, 07:45:30 pm »
Pretty soon, my graphic design brother -in-law is moving, and we are taking our 10 year wedding anniversary to help them. In lieu of payment, my response will be: "do my CP art!" Haha

Sent from my Atari 2600

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31