Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Web of Wonder  (Read 5041 times)

JudgeRob

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
Re: Web of Wonder
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2016, 08:14:02 pm »
Repaint of the control panel.  It's no "OND" mirror finish, but about as good as it gets coming out of my workshop!

Got some steel bars to hold the sticks in place:

Painted them white and installed with threaded inserts:

The leaf switch converters from Paradise need a little notch cut out for the LED wires.  Which is kind of odd since the buttons, leds and switches all came from Paradise. Anyway, this dremel attachment works perfect:

Wired up the control and power switch.  This plate is going on the top of the cabinet:

Had a partial strip of these 12v leds left over from another project.  I'm going to try and use them in the marquee and behind the speakers.  They are "soft" white, so I hope they work OK and aren't too yellowish.

JudgeRob

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2016, 10:42:40 pm »
I got the coin door all straightened out and put back together.  As I described in the first post, the third middle slot is the Spidey Sense Game Select System  ;D.  I have only set up a couple of the RFID coins so far for test purposes.  I should be able to expand it to around 50 or so without too much work. 

Here's a short video of the system in action.  It has no real "front end" at this point, so it's kind of raw.  But, of course, the whole point is to avoid the use of a front end.

The video shows me alternating the coins between TopGunner to SuperTank and back to TopGunner.  The first thing it does is exit out of the current MAME instance and then launches the new one.  I built in some pauses to ensure things do not happen too fast.  I will gradually reduce these to an acceptable amount.  I also built in a 5 second "lockout" between coins because trying to exit out of MAME before the startup sequence is complete was giving me some trouble.  I might need to make it 10 seconds or more.

I'm ordering some custom decals for the coins, so I can't wait to get that.  I'll post some more pics when those puppies come in!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 11:06:53 pm by JudgeRob »

Scotty_C

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I got this!
« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2016, 09:53:16 am »
Okay now that is bad ass! Great job! :applaud:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31