Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: First Arcade Monitor  (Read 409 times)

M_W

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
First Arcade Monitor
« on: June 18, 2016, 10:02:34 pm »
Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster.

I bought myself a WG K4601 arcade monitor for my GroovyMAME build (I've already successfully gotten it working on a 31khz/120Hz monitor with good results), and I'm having a little trouble knowing where to start.

The first thing I did was solder this iso transformer, plugged it in and...nothing. I haven't used an arcade monitor before, but I'm assuming they should give some sort of indication they are working, a noise, staticy feeling on the screen. Plugging by PC (using CRT Emudriver's EDID emulation mode for a 15kHz display), and still nothing.

I took my multi-meter and measured the voltage on the monitor side of the iso transformer and measured 120v, but at this point I don't know what my next troubleshooting step would be. Thanks for all the help you've provided me from my lurking.

lilshawn

• (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: First Arcade Monitor
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 02:50:37 pm »
so far so good... keep going up the stream... the power connector for the monitor...the fuse... maybe a bridge rectifier...the regulator.

eventually you'll  find your voltage stops. this is where you will need to look some more.

behrmr

• (+1)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 03:22:46 pm »
On power up of a K4600 you should get some screen static. You should also have neck glow.  Check fuse F601.  You can follow the troubleshooting guide as well.

M_W

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 10:49:07 am »
Sorry for the late reply, I've been working 60+ hours a week, so time for my project has been limited. Fuse F601 is good, gonna continue down the flowchart. Thanks very much for the help, I imagine I'll be able to identify my problem this way.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31