Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Need help with a Wells-Gardner k7000 series monitor  (Read 282 times)

monkeybomb

• PM me to find out how to get a custom title like mine!
  • (0)
  • Offline Offline
Need help with a Wells-Gardner k7000 series monitor
« on: June 20, 2016, 05:28:20 pm »
I have a z-back cabinet with a Wells-Gardner 25k7139.  The picture looks okay if I have everything set to that the colors are dull and the picture dim.  If I bring up the black level and contrast to a reasonable position, then the images are blurred and the color bleeds quite a bit. Is this a typical cap kit situation?  I seen a lot of people say to just do the cap kit to start since it's so cheap, but I think it's going to be an orderal for me to get to the chasis, so if there is anything else to replace, I'd like to do it in one shot.  The z-back cabinet has just a tiny space in the back to get to anything on the monitor, so I assume I'll need to take things out from the front.

Any help on the whole thing will be appreciated.

DudeRegular

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I have no idea what I am doing
Re: Need help with a Wells-Gardner k7000 series monitor
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 05:53:00 pm »
Cap kit is a good place to start. H.O.T. can go frequently as well, but its usually a operate/fail type of situation. They less frequently get out of spec like the old capacitors do. They are pretty cheap though so may be worth it while you have the chassis out. If you have the flyback with the white knobs, I would replace that too. Those like to fail. The other thing to take the time to do would be to reflow solder points where needed.

Ramakers

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 11:31:39 am »
This may be a long shot. But I ones had a cabinet in for repair with similar problems. All I had to do was clean the front of the monitor and the bezel glass. That made the colors come back to live.
Worth a try?

lilshawn

• (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 02:32:40 pm »
just adding:

sometimes when you blast up the high voltage (brightness and contrast), the focus gets out of whack. just a little tweak to the focus pot on the flyback gets it back in line again. if it won't focus, you have the screen too high.

don't forget this is a 20 year old CRT not a 10,000 nit plasma display. it's not going to be as bright as your modern displays.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31