Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Making my tv turn on when power is applied RCA RLDED3258A-H  (Read 386 times)

Captmiller

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Building my first MAME Cabinet
Using an LCD RCA TV for my arcade screen, I have everything plugged into a power bar and have wired a toggle switch to give the bar power. When I flip the switch everything turns on(not my Raspberry Pi at the moment but i'll look into that elsewhere) My TV gets power but remains in standby, any ideas on how to force my TV to turn on?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 10:38:46 pm by Captmiller »

monkeybomb

• PM me to find out how to get a custom title like mine!
  • (0)
  • Offline Offline
Re: Making my tv turn on when power is applied RCA RLDED3258A-H
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 10:52:19 pm »
I thought that was a TV specific feature.  Have you looked through all the TV settings?

Captmiller

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Building my first MAME Cabinet
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 11:15:38 pm »
I thought that was a TV specific feature.  Have you looked through all the TV settings?

I have, nothing specific, I am not sure this model has that feature(should have checked before I bought it, oops) Was wondering if there is a work around for this?

burn_654

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 01:13:00 pm »
I'm not sure you could get it to happen without a modification to the tv, if the setting doesn't exist. I would try this - hold down the power button on the tv first. Plug it in. Does it turn on instantly? If so you may be able to get what you want by jamming/taping the power button 'on' or soldering the contacts for the power button together internally. Just an idea, and again your tv would have to behave and turn on if the button is held before receiving power. You might be able to have the remote do the same concept...but that would drain batteries pretty fast I think unless you managed to wire a power-supply to it (stranger things have happened.)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 01:15:42 pm by burn_654 »

JDFan

• (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 01:58:29 pm »
Plug the TV in and turn it on -- Now unplug it - wait a few seconds and plug it back in --- Does the TV turn back on ?

If yes then that is all that is needed and it should work fine once you install just do not use the power button and it should always turn on when power is supplied.

If No then the TV does not remember the setting automatically (or there is a setting somewhere in the OSD for remembering the setting (ie. power on after power loss, etc.) - so will need to find the setting and turn it on or run a button to the On/off button of the TV to turn it on each time (either make the on/off switch on the TV accessible, add a hardware piece to press the button with (ie. drill a small hole in the plexi covering the TV so that you can insert something to press the button, use the remote control to power on each time, or splice an arcade button into the wiring of the switch so you can press the button to turn the TV on/off.

Or wire a button up to the tv as above and also get a smart power strip(bar) and plug the TV into the master plug ( that way when you press the button to turn the TV on/off it will also turn on/off the entire power bar )
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 02:00:05 pm by JDFan »

Thenasty

• (+16)
  • Offline Offline
    • Thenasty's Arcademania Horizontal/Vertical monitor setup.
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 10:03:59 pm »
maybe you can rig something with this useless thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxaWvJ-ziXA

Thenasty's Arcademania Horizontal/Vertical setup.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=26696.0

Free VGA Breakout Cable
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=38228.0

Ultimate All in One Coin Mech write up (Make your own)
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=19200.0

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31