Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help with VGA converter issue.  (Read 267 times)

LasVegasIRA

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • "Never trust internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
Help with VGA converter issue.
« on: June 24, 2016, 03:39:28 pm »
I posted this KLOV as well and was hoping for some help.

I have a CRT monitor I pulled from a Megatouch. It's a VGA monitor.

My goal is to use the monitor in an arcade game by using one of the GBS-8200 CGA to VGA converter cards. But I can't get it to display properly.

I hooked the converter up to different monitors in different ways, but the Megatouch CRT doesn't want to play nice. Here's what I've tried:

First, to verify that both worked properly, I ran a 60-in-1 board into a VGA converter card (via the RGB harness on the JAMMA connector as well as the harness that came with the converter card) then ran that to an LCD monitor via VGA output of the converter card and it displayed perfectly in both instances.

So that tells me that both the 60-in-1 and the converter card work.

Then, to verify that the CRT monitor worked, I hooked it directly to the 60-in-1 via the VGA output on that board and it also displayed perfectly.

But when I hook the 60-in-1 to the VGC converter card then hook up the CRT via the VGA output on the converter, I get jittery, sometimes scrambled, multiple layered images of the display. I posted a pic below.

To be clear, I'm only using the 60-in-1 to test the setup. It's not the game I want to use the monitor with. I'm still trying to repair that game board and want to get this setup working so I can test the game board before installing everything.

Anyone have any idea what may the cause?

-
"The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire!" - Socrates

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • (+1)
  • Offline Offline
Re: Help with VGA converter issue.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 02:46:45 am »
what are you dip switch settings on the 60 in 1,they should all be set to off for 15khz
do you a photo of how you have connected the converter
that photo is showing 15khz running on 31khz screen

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31