Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Cannot get image to center (CRT)  (Read 308 times)

romshark

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Arcade and Robotics enthusiast
Cannot get image to center (CRT)
« on: July 02, 2016, 09:30:44 am »
Ok, so first off, I have an oddball monitor and chassis. This is from one of those Hanaho Gameroom Classics bartop unit, sold for home use. From what I've read, there's not much documentation on this out there, so I don't even have a model number or anything.  There is a post about it here.

I have it installed in my cabinet. My problem is getting the image to center. I've got left-right set pretty good, but can't get the image to go down any further:

That's as far down as it goes. I can make it go up, so the pot is working. I've read where some people replace the pot with another one, but I want to check with you guys and make sure. I only have one of these chassis boards, so I don't want to ruin anything.

Also, I can't get both the left and right edges of the screen to line up at the same time (using the "trapezoid" pot). One is always crooked or going off screen. Not nearly as big an issue, but if anyone has an idea how to fix this, I'd appreciate it.

Here's some pics of the chassis board and all the control pots I know of. Again, not much info.

baritonomarchetto

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
Re: Cannot get image to center (CRT)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 03:40:28 am »
It's not a good practice to replace components with other with different specs.

Start by replacing your electrolitic capacitors, if factory. You should replace those in the ps circuit, vertical deflection circuit and east-west... just that you are there, replace them all.
Just for your info, being not a chassis i know of: there is a probability that repkacing caps will kill your EHT transformer (it happens 99% of the time with sanyo, never ever know of it happening with other brand chassis, but you are warned).
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 03:42:00 am by baritonomarchetto »

MTPPC

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
Re: Cannot get image to center (CRT)
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 10:32:49 pm »
Looks like the sync is the wrong polarity.
Pinball and Video Arcade Repair in Billings, MT USA
http://pinballmd.com/

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31