Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Whats the difference between Sony PVMs and BVMs?  (Read 206 times)

vrada501

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Seeking to outlive my noobishness
Whats the difference between Sony PVMs and BVMs?
« on: July 11, 2016, 10:01:17 pm »
I've just been growing thoughts and interest in investing in to one of these kinds of monitors.
As I ask in the title, what are the differences between the series of PVM monitors and the BVM ones?
The only difference I can tell is that the BVM's are more pricey, at least from what I've seen on Ebay.
Does one of them look better than the other, and if so, how big of a difference?

Besides that, the other question I had was:
I've seen some with a whole bunch of square buttons in front and some with only a few, is it important to find a monitor with all those buttons in the front or can the ones with few buttons access the same functions via menu or such?

Alejo I

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Trying something new
Re: Whats the difference between Sony PVMs and BVMs?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 10:37:37 am »
I've just been growing thoughts and interest in investing in to one of these kinds of monitors.
As I ask in the title, what are the differences between the series of PVM monitors and the BVM ones?
The only difference I can tell is that the BVM's are more pricey, at least from what I've seen on Ebay.
Does one of them look better than the other, and if so, how big of a difference?

Besides that, the other question I had was:
I've seen some with a whole bunch of square buttons in front and some with only a few, is it important to find a monitor with all those buttons in the front or can the ones with few buttons access the same functions via menu or such?
a) PVMs offer better image quality. They also have no speakers, so you need to output any audio to a separated set of speakers (although I believe some models have a tiny, ratty mono one that is barely usable).

b) Not really. Outputs and inputs are much more important. You'll want to use the remote to access the menus.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31