Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Windows 10 update - naomi universal 29" CRT issue.  (Read 172 times)

rpgposer

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • PSO lover.
Windows 10 update - naomi universal 29" CRT issue.
« on: July 25, 2016, 02:33:36 pm »
Hello,
I have a mame pc in my Naomi Universal with a radeon 3470 installed.  The monitor is VGA, not trisync.  It WAS working fine with windows 7.  I would simply go to the adapter properties, show all modes and choose 640x480x32 60hz.  Repeated the process after the upgrade, driver has changed - date is 1/13/2015.  There is an image on the monitor, but it looks scrunched in the middle and looks like Horiz hold has failed. 
Some google fu found information about Windows 10 default adapter drivers not seeing the "EDID" of the CRT.
So I am looking for advice... I could try CRT Emudriver and experiment with two monitors until I find something that works or should I roll back to windows 7 and forget about it?

Thanks for reading,
rpgposer
Never met a game I won't keep.

rpgposer

• (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • PSO lover.
Re: Windows 10 update - naomi universal 29" CRT issue.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 07:26:38 pm »
After playing around with crt_emudriver I rolled back to windows 7 and it came right back up.  I am no CRT pro, but it appears that my radeon 3470 is so outdated that:
1.  There are no driver updates from MS or ATI which allow the card to see the correct refresh rates for my CRT. 
2.  Even though I was choosing 640x480x60hz, windows was really outputting 640x480x64hz (which crt_emudriver showed me).  There was nothing I could do to set custom modes, for some reason crt_emudriver wouldn't see my adapter.
3.  Supposedly newer ATI cards allow a newer version of crt_emudriver to emulate the EDID of a monitor, but I won't be doing that when what I have works great as is.

Windows 10 - caveat emptor.
Never met a game I won't keep.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31